We had done our warm up routine and were just kicking the ball into the goal (doing PK's) and Hernando the wonder trainer came over to help us out. He started lecturing Alice and Susan about how to kick a soccer ball. He saw I had my wedding ring on and didn't pay me much attention, which was just fine with me.
Actually I was with Kristie and Marianne and they rolled their eyes when they saw Hernando approaching. He proceeded to give Kristie tips on how to kick the ball and then made us all practice heading the ball. Then he wanted Mare to chest trap the ball. I kind of went off on my own, he was ignoring me anyway.
Then he had us practice kicking the ball against the brick wall. I found that I have a very weak kick and my aim is waaaayyyy off. Plus when Hernando bounced the ball to me for me to head the ball, I couldn't see very well because I didn't have my glasses on. He just kind of grunted and turned away. Then he asked Mare how old she was. He wanted to know if she was 18, 19 or 20. She told him how old she really was and he said, "Oh, it's ok."
Anyway, after learning how to chest trap and all that good stuff from Hernando, he showed us some special work out moves. He stretched for us, he told us how to jog and run and then he locked arms with Kristie and lifted her on his back to stretch out her back like this.
In the midst of the practice drills, Hernando asked me if we had a team and I told him no. We were just there to play and get some exercise. Then he asked me my name and I said "Becky." He replied with "Betty?" "Yep," I said. Then he asked if Kristie and Marianne were my children then corrected himself to say sisters. He wanted to know their names so I told him that Kristie was Alice and Mare was Susan. He said "Tzutzan? Alex?" "Yep," I said. Hernando told us that his kids fixed his papers to come live in Utah, but his kids don't want to play soccer. I guess he looks for our "team" every Thursday.
Then he invited us to come back next Tursday (Thursday) and he said that he would teach us some more. It was entertaining. I told "Tzutzan" and "Alex" that Hernando was hoping to be our trainer/coach so they can make a Lifetime original movie about how we started out overweight and got trimmed down and then went to the olympics to win the gold medal in soccer. Jamie, would you watch that LOM?
1 comment:
Should you want that I breaks his knees?
Post a Comment